Join Phi Lambda Beta
The induction ceremony for Phi Lambda Beta occurs every Fall and Winter Semester.
In order to be considered for membership, you must have completed by the time of application:
- Three years of college Portuguese or the equivalent in language classes (i.e. Portuguese 321)
- All students must have maintained a grade point average of 3.5 in Portuguese courses and 3.0 overall
- All students who meet the above criteria will be accepted into Phi Lambda Beta.
Applications due: November 10, 2022
Send an email to email@example.com containing the following information as separate attachments:
- 2 Faculty References. (At least one must be a Portuguese faculty member - include only their name and email address)
- Letter of Intent. Write a one-page essay, in Portuguese, introducing yourself, your academic interests and how Portuguese pertains to them.
- Unofficial Transcript. A printout from AIM is sufficient.
Pay your lifetime membership fee of $50 here.
This price also includes graduation honor cords.
If you satisfy the requirements and your payment is processed, you will be accepted. Expect an email from the Phi Lambda Beta society council notifying you of your acceptance and inviting you to the induction ceremony that will be held Thursday, November 17 (time and location TBD). You should hear back on your acceptance into the society shortly after the application deadline.
Any questions can be directed to the society council at firstname.lastname@example.org.